Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Area Condizionata 3: Videogames For The Blind (tape, 1983)


Vittore Baroni from the infamous Trax label released a magazine called Area Condizionata, which lasted three issues. The first one was about Italian industrial music, the second about 'the voice' and the third about videogames. I don't have the other two, but this one is quite nice, with contributions from Nocturnal Emissions, Attrition, Asmus Tietchens, Bourbonese Qualk, and others less known. On the b-side the tracks are cross faded with some jingle like sound, making it impossible to seperate. Includes a complete scan of the magazine. If anyone has the other two volumes, or indeed any tape on Trax, please let me know (433rpm@gmail.com)


download

5 comments:

Kevin said...

I love this blog. Thanks goes to Mutant Sounds for sending me here for more rare stuff. I am downloading some music from you right now and will let you know what I think as I listen to it. I have some Halloween-themed music on my blog that may be of some interest to you. Everything from Boris Karloff narrating ghost stories to creepy sound effects. Have a great day!

http://eclectic-grooves.blogspot.com

433 RPM said...

well, thanks, but halloween is something that is not my thing. there is already a lot of usa invasion in this country that we certainly don't need to add that tradition. but of course i'll check your blog.
433rpm

icepick method said...

Wonderful. Requesting anything else you have in zine form pertaining to industrial and cassette culture. Aside from the captured audio those writings are the only true documentation that exists and once that's gone a whole chunk of underground music history will be gone with it.

433 RPM said...

you are quite right, it would be great to do magazines and fanzines, and i do have some, but it would be a lot of work. it's certainly something i would consider for the future.

433rpm

andrea said...

grande vittore baroni!