Thursday, June 25, 2009

Hometapers Nijmegen (tape, Element Tapes et 01, 198?)


Call me old, but sometimes I am surprised to see posts from me on other blogs. I have nothing against that, but it would be nice to point the source where you go it from, and thus make some ad for nice other blogs. When I left a comment somewhere about this, somebody thought I was claiming copyright, for 'things that also got without paying respect to copyright' or something along those lines. That's not the case. But unlike many others my presence on the internet is not because I want to be, but because I think I have something interesting to share. Once I have nothing share I will stop. That's the main difference between me and some other bloggers (or rather me and the rest of the internet world; I am neither part of any social networking - if I want a social network I go to the pub). Another objection against using stuff from other blogs, is that its almost the same as taking something of Soulseek and blogging it. You never know if you got the real thing, in its complete form and that's simply I am very much interested about (and not because I upload info on Discogs, because I don't, but rather because I know some people who do use downloads to do that and would you want your Discogs with mistakes?). That's why I and my fellow bloggers whom I know personally and trust, only post things we have and that in itself is no guarantee its complete, but its not lifted from some other blog or soulseek. So next to my computer is an obscure compilation tape from Nijmegen, The Netherlands with electro, minimal synth and poppy ambient. I never heard of any of these people, even though I'm from the same, not so big city. Paul Spannenberg, Peter Hoeke, Rob/Bernard, Jos/Inuit, two Guys, Phil Castio and Enrico Fiasco. Its released by Element Tapes, of whom I never heard again.

download

No comments: